About Time

I can’t get enough of this movie by watching it only once. I need to watch it again. It’s like eating a delicious dessert for the first time, and you want to have another portion not just to enjoy the sweetness, but also to know the ingredients. And in this case to know the details what makes it really a good-worth-the-watch-it-again kind of movie.

With only one time watching it, I’m going to try to review it. If ever I’ll reedit my judgments in the near future, that’s because maybe I watch it again, and again, and again….in a good way, I assumed. 

Before the movie was released, just by watching the trailer, I was already excited about the story. I even posted in my previous post in this blog. Not just because it’s a Richard Curtis’s Film. But I knew it’s a movie where I’m going to fall for the story just like his other films. 
Even only Directed 3 times, he wrote so many other great romantic-comedy stories. For ‘About Time’, Richard Curtis wrote and directed.

The Story is based in England. Between London, the big city, and a small town in the country side where it defines a nice place to grow up and how it could tie-bonded a small family.  Tim Lake just turned 21,when his dad told him that the men in their family are able to travel through time. So for Tim, it was a new adventure. This ability can help him with his Love life. And it did… the journey excites on how he met Mary (Rachel McAdams). And between those sweet moments, there were also dramatic ones for Tim and his father, played by Bill Nighy.

The script was funny, and was played with quirkiness very well too by Domhnall Gleeson. And as movie lines always moves me on how I correlate it with my own life.
There are some that was unforgettable, 
  • “We're all traveling through time together, every day of our lives. All we can do is do our best to relish this remarkable ride.”
  • “Lesson Number One: All the time traveling in the world can't make someone love you.”
And being a parent now, this next line was put out together quite well.
  • No one can ever prepare you for what happens when you have a child. When you see the baby in your arms and you know that it's your job now. No one can prepare you for the love and the fear.”

Overall, the movie was light, sweet and funny of course. You'll see a portray of the quirky and dorky british lad fell in love with the sweet American girl next door. It seemed too film like, but somehow it works. I could fell for Tim for all I care. hihi..
Great movie for couples. And those who are preparing to start a family, already have a family, or even single and still waiting for his princess or her prince to come and save their lives. 


Comments

Popular Posts