Moonrise Kingdom (2012)


Ever since I saw the trailer, I fell for the look of Wes Anderson's new film. By a glance, it was a classic-soft colorful-great casts kinda look, and I bet a quirky kind of story as well. 
And my guess was right. 
Overall, foremost, I fell for the Art Directing of the film. It includes the Set, the Props, the wardrobes,  all the the details that build up to help the story, which was told in the year of 1965. I really love the itsy bitsy detail of the props. 
It was a simple story, with a simple script also. But the 'awkwardness' the actors was given made the simple story became funny. Each character had their quirky own side, therefore, it made the story, just as I predicted, "a quirky kind of story".
Wes Anderson, as usual, always has a way to have many great casts to join his film. There were the usual; Bill Murray, Jason SchwartzmanFrances McDormand. And others in the film, Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, Tilda Swinton. The Main character in the film this time, were new comers, Jared Gilman & Kara Hayward
It's a story about two 12 year olds who fell in romance and planned to run away together. They spend several days hiking and camping together in the wilderness with the goal of reaching a secluded cove on the island, which they name Moonrise Kingdom.
It's a DVD kind of movie to watch, as I also watched through downloading it. hihi... In a quirky way, I simply love it. way to go Wes!

Comments

Popular Posts