So there goes another night without NKOTB.

So here’s a little lullaby about How new kids gave a story in my life.
Once upon a time, back when NKOTB was still ‘new’, my mother made a promise to get me the ticket if i speak english all the time for a whole month. In the end she forgot to buy me the ticket and I never got to watch ‘em live. I was sad and sent my own mother a letter and put it in her purse, as a surprise. In the letter, i wrote in english, as if i’m telling a story, “once upon a time, there was this girl who realllyyyy wanted to watch NKOTB, but…etc”. 
My mother found the letter months after, because apparently she rarely wore the purse. As soon as she found the letter, she rushed immedietly to hug me and said how sorry she was, and forgot about the promise she made me. I hugged her back and didn’t only see that she was sad, but she was also proud of how i childishly wrote a letter in english on telling a story. I was only 7 at that time. But now i’m glad she made that promise and even broke it. In my adult years, i found out the next day she took the letter to her office and showed it off to her friends and how proud she was.

Comments

Popular Posts