Dark Shadows



If it's a Tim Burton movie, I'll give it more than what my actual thought on how good the movie was. :D
Yes, that's how much I respect Tim Burton as a film maker.

Okey, the movie, it's a family oriented kind of movie to watch.
If you're a teenager then it's something you can giggle about with your 'special' friend while wondering how to hold his or her hands in the theatre.
And as for me, I wasn't really astound with the story nor the Actors, but more of the setting and the overall 'most-likey-a-Tim Burton-movie' look.
I was also intrigue with the 70's soundtrack.

The story is about a man name Barnabas Collins, who got cursed, became a vampire and was prisoned in a coffin for almost 200 years. After sleeping for quite a while, he accidently awaken in the year of the hippies, 1970's.
He then reunited with his descendants and try to clear back the family's great name and business.

Dark Shadowas was actually based on an 1966–71 gothic horror soap opera. As I read on Wikipedia, "Johnny Depp had a childhood obsession with Dark Shadows, calling it a "dream" to portray Barnabas Collins, and ended up persuading Burton to direct."

As I mentioned, how I appreciate more on the setting and the very much likely "Burton Style" , well it's no surprise that Mr. Burton has appointed his regulars crews; production designer Rick Heinrichs, costume designer Colleen Atwood, editor Chris Lebenzon and composer Danny Elfman.

I, myself, actually, gave the movie 3 stars, but then 1 more star just because I care so much for the great Tim Burton. :)

Comments

Popular Posts