Collaboration with Pandjalu.

(as seen on www.jollyroo.com)

What is Pandjalu ?
well now, before we continue bragging this inspiring blog, why don't you open the website first, and let it speaks for itself.
Because sometimes, I lost of words scrolling through it's blog. My mouth becomes watery and suddenly found myself in the kitchen, wanting to cook. Yes, that's how inspiring the blog is.

Pandjalu belongs to my friend, Lukman Gunawan. a college friend.

we were actually weren't that close back then, I was a year younger and different major, but somehow after we graduated, time to time we inspired each other through a blog site, multiply.

After we lost contact for a while, one day he told me to open his blog, and i was astound and proud.
(see, we don't stop encouraging each other.)
Not just having really (i mean really) well prepared & great food photography, but his cooking blog is full information with recipes and tips.

It's been a while since Lukman first asked me to personally helped him if he has cooking events in Jakarta, (he's based in Bandung).
I always agreed to do so if having the right schedule between my so-called other job in Jakarta.
After time apart, he called sometime in February, and asked if I want to do a collaboration with him, for a company private event in Jakarta. With no hesitation, I said Yes, and glad I jumped into the chance to do it.
The idea was making savory cupcakes. This is to blend well with Pandjalu's other canape menus.
Lukman thought i should create a new menu of cupcake that aren't too sweet.
The main batter is actually my regular recipe, but i didn't put too much sugar and milk. I put more salt and add pepper.
After the batter is done, i divide them into 3 bowls adding 3 basic flavor, with Abon (processed meat), with smashed Tuna, and just plain flavor. I mixed three batters with the combination of cilantro and without, with tomato and without, with smoked beef, with mashed of salmon, with mozzarella, with basil, etc. I put numbers and made sure I wrote all the numbers with each ingredients. So when Lukman decided which one, I can easily know the mix.
So after having a one time trial making it. I sent it to Bandung for Lukman to expand his taste with my savory cupcakes options :)

Luckily, Lukman likes it. He thought it was a success. Yipeee! And that he thought of something to add as a topping for him to make.

The Event was held 3 weeks after we phone each other talking about the collaboration. The event was for a cigarette company, celebrating a new office in the business district of Jakarta.
On the event day, Lukman had help from a young known chef name Ray Janson. I helped around a bit on the event, and decorate my contribution of the savory cupcakes.

Photos by Me.

Comments

Popular Posts