The King's Speech


One of the best, I think, and yet, I just got the chance to review it now. I actually didn't finished watching it the first time (damn nice dvd player), and finished it almost like a year after, which was yesterday on HBO. hihi...aaa... one of the best I think.

oke here it goes,
It's a humble heart warming story about the friendship between Britain's King George VI (Collin Firth) and a speech therapist named Lionel Logue (Geoffrey Rush). Lionel helped the King, who had speech trouble with Stammer.
Not just helping with the King's speech, in the story, Logue who's a commoner, who didn't even had a doctor degree, also helped the King on finding the strength to over-ruled his older brother position as the King.

Other than a great story that was told, my eyes was caught with the angle direction of each shots.
I thought each angle was quite odd, it was quite flat, and yet the composition of each angle was graphically nice. The blending between the angle of an actor with the background from the set seemed carefully designed. The ripped wallpaper at Logue's office was rustic yet became beautiful when you put a clean dressed character such as Queen Elizabeth played by Helena Bonham Carter.

When watching the movie, Ivan (my husband) also notice that the camera lens they use are mostly a wide lens kind, which makes the shots a tiny bit distorted.
And also we discussed how the color grading was also a bit surreal in some scenes.
My thoughts was, having this movie as a based on a true story, there were some sense that I got on how the movie maker on visualizing an old story.

I agree when the Academy gave their vote for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor in a leading role and Best Screenplay.
It's actually a quite simple story with a simple memorizing picture.
and oooh, I like it when Tom hooper gave an acceptance speech on Oscar Night for Best Director, with honorably he mentioned his mother, thanking her for urging him to see the play King's Speech.

Comments

Popular Posts