The Help


I just finished watching the dvd, and during the movie, all i could think of, was to remember the quotes that gave me a 'ring-a-bell' moments. Which somehow at this particular moment, it gives me an interesting sight on how to deal with people and with ourselves.alright,
let me share the quotes later on,
The Help is a movie based on a novel by Kathryn Stockett, that released last year (2011).
It's a movie about a young female writer who decided to write about african-american maid's point of view on working with a white family. The story is told in the year of 1960's, during the civil rights movement. So, we see a part of history in the movie about the heartless separation of african american from the society.
We'll also see the struggle for a white female to write a strong story with african american background and how she fight with the society to tell the truth about humanity on a social class.
The movie carries many moral messages.
Apart from the racial discrimination, here in Indonesia, it's common to find one household to have at least one helper. And so by watching it, I can see how we can still relate in a different situation. Treat people equally as you wanted to be treated, because in God Eyes, we all are the same.

Now about the actors, well...Viola Davis who played Aibileen Clark, gave out a great performance, she could show us how she stored up her anger and burst it with tears and strength. And when you see how beautiful she actually is off-screen, you amazed how older she look in the movie. She is nominated for best actress in a leading role at the Oscars. (whoot!whoot!)
Another strong performance came from Bryce Dallas Howard. She is the villain in the story, and all i can say is Bit*h. (i guess) if the audience dissed and hate you by the end of the performance, the you succeed playing the villain role.

This movie is something you want to watch with your family, and or share it with your daughters, sister, etc., to learn more about history and the moral messages we can take.

ooo, and one more thing...Nate berkus was one of the Executive Producers. (heart!, 'you're in the movie business now?' inspiring how people manage to do many great things).

oke, here are some of the among 'ring-a-bell' quotes :

Constantine Jefferson [to Eugenia] : "Every day you're not dead in the ground, when you wake up in the morning, you're gonna have to make some decisions. Got to ask yourself this question: "Am I gonna believe all them bad things them fools say about me today?" You hear me today? "Am I gonna believe all them bad things them fools say about me today? You hear me today?" All right? As for your mama, she didn't pick her life. It picked her. But you, you're gonna do something big with yours. You wait and see."

Aibileen Clark: "God says we need to love our enemies. It hard to do. But it can start by telling the truth. No one had ever asked me what it feel like to be me. Once I told the truth about that, I felt free. And I got to thinking about all the people I know. And the things I seen and done. My boy Treelore always said we gonna have a writer in the family one day. I guess it's gonna be me."



Comments

  1. eh gue penasaran banget nih sama vilem ini. Semalam gue nonton 'One Day' Bek. Bagus deh Bek. Drama romantis yang ngaduk-ngaduk perasaan. Udah kan? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah belumm ntn one day...tapi sudah lihat trailernya... ingin siykkk....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts