On a typical lebaran week.


So once in every year, we joyfully gathered with the whole big family
A time of forgiveness and prayers for good things to come for us on that holy sacred day and so forth for the rest of the year.

Reuniting the value of family and the importance of having a big one. A perfect time to deliver all sorts of news; New member in the family, new couples, newborn babies, pregnancy, upcoming weddings, new jobs, graduation, illness or even reminiscing those who had passed away.

After the big day went by, A long week awaits for me to pass it by.
And until my day has come for me to go back to reality, Here’s are some of the things I did on a typical week of lebaran, some of it were new....were habitually....and or even just plain dreary :)

So Before lebaran, I cut my hair short, which i never made this short for the last 10years.
It was a new chapter in my life therefore I came to a decision to toss out the bad things I have done in the past year and a new hairdo has really nothing to do with it…haha…
But yes, I cut my hair short along with my cousin prita…we went and get it done…

Lebaran day…
Eat…eat…eat…On a lebaran day, eating is a privilege. No strings attached on your diet, or even with your doctor’s rule. So no excuses when you said ‘No thank you, i'm full, I couldn’t even eat a slice of lontong’


With a stomach full of santen,
Then there’s nothing else to do than layin back, and enjoying myself surfing the channel.
Yes, say hello to www.surfthechannel.comWith a list of new season of TV series, I could spend the whole day under my blanket and be as sluggish as I wanted to be. Do GOD bless the internet...hihi
(project runway-season5, grey's anatomy-season5, ugly betty-season3, desperate housewives-season5, and a new show 'trueblood')











2nd day of lebaran . Pay visit to those who are the most important.

got sketch?
As my body slowly gone idle, I feel I need to get up and get a pencil. At least for my brain to warm up before it had to work hard. So Louie was kind enough to posed up for mama to sketch him up…


Post Lebaran Shopping!
Forget zara or GA chose mango, all the good bargains for the fake high-end international products.Did I say mango??I meant 2 mango….

Efek Rumah Kaca. I need something new for my music collection, so I look for the local ones. Always had an interest with this band, but didn’t got the chance to get it. My curiosity ended when i bought their album.

…What they so-called said ‘the new bible for woman’

Still haven’t finish this book yet, but I exceeded more chapters than normally I used to in just a day. I simply call it the new guide book. Thank you Tania for this book.
So far, Here are one of the quotes I favor..
“…God never slams a door in your face without opening a box of Girl scout cookies, some wonderful things did happen to me in the shadow of all that sorrow….”

And with all that, I learn new things from this book…
“In Venice in the middle ages there was once a profession for a man called a codega-a fellow you hired to walk in front of you at night with a lit lantern, showing you the  way, scaring off thieves and demons, bringin you confidence and protection through the dark streets.”
Hmm…I guess I found who my Codega is… hihihi…
 a band named ‘Sigur Ros’. Yes, all you music freaks out there, go get your self this new dvd…Heimaa must see music documentary
 "one of the world’s shyest and least understood bands captured live in their natural habitat."

Laskar Pelangi
A great family movie for all children to watch. Bought the tickets at 2pm and end up getting the 7pm show. Ow, the holiday commotion.

Dining in. With the 'Mudik' ritual happens in every lebaran week, my dearest 'helper' who feed me all these years took his leaves. I, as the only woman in the family ironically cannot cook. The closest on having a big meal in the house is me making a spaghetti Bolognese, which you don’t have to be the greatest chef in the world in order to make it. Just toss everything in and walah….
So yes, every time we’re hungry; Dendeng, lidah and abon will be ready in less than 5 minutes and the rest of the appetite went to take-outs or dine-in restaurants…

after a week gone by,
mrs. Costello surely was a perfect closer.

Comments

  1. beckyyy, what a nice lebaran-holiday, huh? :D
    aku ikut senang membacanya loh, i always love your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh iya, wah rambutmu pendek sekali. but love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beck rambut lo keren beck.. segerrrrrrr.. si prita untung gak salah motong poni lagi ya kayak waktu itu hehehhehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe...thank you dit...
    minal aidzin wal faidzin dita&fino...
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. makasih mar...
    kan gwe pengen masuk genk lo?
    the cepaks...
    wekekekekeke....
    kalau potongan rambut mba prita lebih sukses dibandingin gwe...hahah....

    ReplyDelete
  6. me like ur nu hair.....and ur sketch "lovie"......hoooo so talented u re

    ReplyDelete
  7. lu nontonnn diana kraaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll arggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... gw dibilangin udah abis ternyata msh dijual di venue.. kampret. anyways i mi miss you, catch up with u soon ya baby. hihihih. cups.

    ReplyDelete
  8. soon darlink...soon....
    ow kamu mau ntn diana juga...
    biasanya kita selalu bergossip dulu ya,kalau ada konser2 gtu...
    hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  9. duh rambut baru aca mata baru...asli loh...

    ReplyDelete
  10. iya yang punya tante menik asli...
    yang untuk aku yang kw-2 nya ajha deh...hehehe.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts